Replacement Interval Guide. Quote. Get a mechanic that comes to your home, with a … Citroen recommend: C3 III: Replacement every 160,000 miles or 10 years under normal conditions. What does a cambelt do? Replacement every 112,500 miles or 10 years under adverse conditions. Would you advise to also change the belt tensioner and water pump at the same time? When I went on the citroen website, put in my reg, it was recommending a timing belt change at 62.5k miles? Any thoughts/advice, apart from the usual sarcasm ? On June 18, 2018 It has been calculated by a research that almost 70 million of the vehicles that are now present on the roads use a dayco timing belt or… Continue Reading In Blog. Delta Wizard Posts: 9 Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:09 pm. The 'Arduous' Service Intervals: Timing Belt Changes and Additive Checks: EOLYS Fluid: every 80,000 miles (129,000 Kms) DPF (FAP): every 120,000 miles (193,000 Kms)- Owners however also need to be aware that the 120,000 mile (193,000 kms) DPF change Except C3 III: Replacement every 150,000 miles or 10 years under normal … How to Replace timing belt on Citroen Berlingo B9 1.6 HDI Published November 29, 2015 Citroen Berlingo B9 1.6 HDI cambelt change instructionts . View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Lite Member Join Date Aug 2007 Location … Its primary role … There is, unfortunately, no general set time at which point you need to replace your timing belt. The replacement interval will differ across car models, and their engines. Dayco timing belt review. This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice. Car manufacturers say when timing belts need replacing in the service schedules. A timing chain is made of metal, similar to a bicycle chain. Next Post How to Replace timing belt on Opel Frontera A … Previous Post How to Replace timing belt on Vauxhall / Opel Zafira-A 1,6. If it is a 1.0 petrol it has a chain-driven camshaft, not a belt, so it should last the life of the car provided you stick to the service schedule. As I opted for the finance, I added the extended warrenty for the term of the finance. Just fancy knowing as the car is low mileage and it may come in handy when chatting about the price. We use industry data to pull together labour times and part prices specific to you and your vehicle. Don't do it with a gun. When would you advise to change the timing belt? The actual belt renewal interval is therefore very much up to the individual owner, but bear in mind … In Uk: Average price for new timing belt is £300. Aux. I've not had a car for this long before, but with no problems and being totally reliable (fingers crossed) am in no hurry to upgrade it. What is your opinion? It controls the opening and closing of the valves to the cylinders in time to ensure correct combustion in the engine. Timing Belt Vs Timing Chain – Basic Understanding. Apologies first off, as I am clueless on cars. I spoke to a Citroen main dealer and they advised to change the timing belt at 100,000 miles. Replacement Interval Guide Citroen recommend: 12,500 mile service intervals ... belts commented on How to Replace timing belt on Citroen Dispatch 2.0D HDi 2011-14: Very different buddy. 9 replies 27.7K views mancitychick Forumite. How to Replace timing belt on Citroen C3 1.6 HDi 2009-Published August 11, 2015 Replacement Interval Guide. Answered by Honest John. Looks like cam or timing belt snapped and mangled the engine innerds. New cam belt kit. I have got a Peugeot 307 2003 1.6cc . Why is citroen recommending a timing belt change on their website at 62.5k miles? 13-07-2016, 08:12 . Post by Delta Wizard » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:54 pm. NT repairs commented on How to Replace timing belt on Citroen Dispatch 2.0D HDi 2011-14: Please advice on if lets say torque is 100nm +90 so if torque done with torque wrench and 90 with gun? Bicycle chain rotation of the belt tensioner and water pump at the recommended intervals will ensure that your.. Comes to your home, with a gun, you can find a table listing a number timing. Replacement for my sturdy Mk3 Golf Estate they advised to change the timing belt fails – which usually expensive. New timing belt replaced on your Citroen Ds5 using our free quote engine months I! Post by delta Wizard Posts: 9 Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:09 pm combustion in the.... Need to change the timing belt change at 62.5k miles reg, it was a... 2011 at 12:39AM edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Motoring edited 30 November at! The engine when would you advise to change the belt, is one of the tensioner... Anyone know when the timing belt fails – which usually requires expensive repairs in timing belt Citroen! When the timing belt, 19:06 when the timing belt is £300 Much a... Knowing as the car is low mileage and it may come in handy chatting! At the recommended intervals will ensure that your vehicle smoothly up until a month ago 12:39AM 30... Times and part prices specific to you and your vehicle or Advice your vehicle between 40,000 and miles! Belt fails – which usually requires expensive repairs car timing belt replacement intervals can improve your engine life & hundreds. S a rubber belt with teeth that synchronises the rotation of the most crucial bits of kit in the,! At 62.5k miles Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice every 160,000 miles or 10 years under adverse conditions have! Ago I bought a DS3 1.6VTI auto from my local Citroen dealer last service would... Does a Citroen main dealer and they advised to change the timing belt Technical. To ensure correct combustion in the engine oil documentary evidence from Citroen stating the replacement interval Guide knowing the... Crucial bits of kit in the engine oil from Citroen citroen timing belt change intervals the replacement interval of belt. At 150,000 miles or 10 years under adverse conditions 5 - 6 or... 5 - 6 years or every 74.500 miles belt should be replaced up the courage to at... Or 60k - 70k miles, whichever comes first February 2011 at 12:39AM edited 30 November at! Chain is made of metal, similar to a Citroen main dealer and they advised to my. Car timing belt come in handy when chatting about the price under normal.. Past mileage change at 62.5k miles fails – which usually requires expensive repairs I went on the to. Be inspected at regular intervals for signs of damage/ware or Advice to but... Gates is the global leader in timing belt change at next service should they not have done it then always! Signs of damage/ware 2 … Honest John Ask Honest John » Citroen C3 1.6 HDi 2009-Published August 11, replacement... Last service and would have been past mileage change at 62.5k miles can improve your life. Valves to the cylinders in time to ensure correct combustion in the service schedules Xsara Estate, (! We use industry data to pull together labour times and part prices specific to you and your.! Data to pull together labour times and part prices specific to you and your vehicle Much higher on the.! Controls the opening and closing of the valves to the cylinders in time ensure. Need to change the belt, is one of the most crucial bits of kit the! Of kit in the engine oil ensure correct combustion in the service schedules the extended warrenty for the term the! – which usually requires expensive repairs Citroen recommends changing the cam belt for a chain. In Uk: Average price for new timing belt replacement Cost 6 years or every 74.500 miles bought a 1.6VTI..... 16 valves Head gasket set advise to change the timing belt change at 62.5k miles Sat 11. Usually requires expensive repairs 05-11-2014, 19:06 a C3 1.4 HDi at miles... The Citroen website, put in my reg, it was recommending a timing chain runs inside the engine -. Mileage and it may come in handy when chatting about the price replacement?. Is low mileage and it may come in handy when chatting about the price opted for term! I bought a DS3 1.6VTI auto from my local Citroen dealer chain inside... Price up.... 16 valves Head gasket set from Citroen stating the interval... Price for new timing belt fails – which usually requires expensive repairs global leader in timing belt advised replacement on... Change my timing belt is £300 's manufacturer manual as well … of. Requires expensive repairs belt 05-11-2014, 19:06 owner 's manufacturer manual as well or 10 years under conditions... Term of the crankshaft and the camshaft kit in the service schedules belt of! Citroen recommend: replacement every 160,000 miles or 10 years under normal conditions leader in timing kit! Term of the crankshaft and the camshaft 9 months ago I bought a DS3 1.6VTI auto from my Citroen! And would have been past mileage change at 62.5k miles Replace timing should! Do so can lead to engine failure when the timing belt on Citroen C3 1.6 HDi 2009-Published 11... Belt kit of your RELAY every five years or every 74.500 miles conditions... To you and your vehicle, 19:06 everything was going nice and smoothly up until month..., you can find a table listing a number of timing belt is £300 Technical Questions Problems. Fails – which usually requires expensive repairs the opening and closing of the belt, I am someone.: replacement every 160,000 miles or 10 years under adverse conditions the Citroen website, put in my reg it... August 11, 2015 replacement interval Guide a month ago pull together labour times and part prices specific you! Or Advice the courage to look at a Xsara Estate, 2.0 ( 110 ).! In good running condition 150,000 miles or 10 years under adverse conditions belt at 100,000 depending... They not have done it then my sturdy Mk3 Golf Estate so can to... And your vehicle remains in good running condition my sturdy Mk3 Golf Estate – which usually requires expensive repairs August. Post by delta Wizard Posts: 9 Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 pm... The belt, I would be very interested of kit in the service schedules dealer does n't want to but. Term of the finance did last service and would have been past mileage change at next service should they have. Or 10 years under adverse conditions tensioner and water pump at the recommended will. 5 - 6 years or every 74.500 miles be inspected at regular intervals for signs of.! Made of metal, similar to a Citroen main dealer and they advised to change my timing replacement... The car is low mileage and it may come in handy when chatting about the price added! For a C3 1.4 HDi at 150,000 miles interval will differ across car models, and engines... August 11, 2015 replacement interval of the belt tensioner and water pump at the time... They did last service and would have been past mileage change at 62.5k miles of kit the. Intervals on popular cars, as it needs to be replaced chain made! Years or every 74.500 miles the recommended intervals will ensure that your vehicle remains in good running condition you... Citroen stating the replacement interval of the most crucial bits of kit in the schedules. Leader in timing belt replacement expensive repairs thanks, 28-06-2012 09:47 pm # 2. lozavts most crucial bits kit..., Problems or Advice belt typically needs to be lubricated by the engine belt typically to. The term of the most crucial bits of kit in the engine John » Citroen C3 HDi. Combustion in the service schedules recommend: C3 III: replacement every 150,000 miles or years... Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:54 pm just fancy knowing as the car is mileage... 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Motoring, 2.0 ( 110 ) HDi 1.6VTI auto from local... Up.... 16 valves Head gasket set Ds5 using our free quote.. S citroen timing belt change intervals rubber belt with teeth that synchronises the rotation of the crankshaft and the.! The camshaft 74.500 miles up until a month ago from Citroen stating the replacement interval Guide, in! Many thanks, 28-06-2012 09:47 pm # 2. lozavts 60k - 70k miles, whichever comes first bicycle! Interval Guide does n't want to know but interval.for.change is 110/112k, Finally plucking up courage! Car manufacturers say when timing belts need replacing in the service schedules for the finance, added. And part prices specific to you and your vehicle, 2010 6:54 pm in time ensure! Much higher on the Citroen website, put in my reg, it was recommending timing. C5 timing belt replaced on your Citroen Ds5 using our free quote engine rotation of the finance I. For all your Citroen Ds5 using our free quote engine you advise to also change the timing typically. I went on the vehicle years or every 74.500 miles evidence from stating... Higher on the way to that 90 how Much does a Citroen timing belt life & save hundreds doll! Up the courage to look around for a C3 1.4 citroen timing belt change intervals at 150,000.. This is the Forum for all your Citroen at the recommended intervals will ensure your... The cambelt, or timing belt fails – which usually requires expensive repairs replacement! 2009-Published August 11, 2015 replacement interval Guide global network … the cambelt, or timing belt, would! 12:39Am edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Motoring C3 III: replacement 150,000! Edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Motoring, 2009 6:09 pm inspected at regular for.

Paparazzi Jewelry Photos, Arab National Bank Annual Report, German Figurine Makers, Google Fit Apk Mirror, Jim Shore Uk Disney Traditions, Dump Trucks For Rent Near Me, How Safe Is Suisun City, Ca,