Not at all tough. He explained the menu to us and made some great suggestions. - Check out Tripadvisor members' 56,352 candid photos and videos. I'm upset to have missed out on the majority of this vacation, and hope no one has the same experience. We never wanted for anything!We won't hesitate to recommend this restaurant and we'll definitely be back. The dining manager Forrest, stopped by to wish us a happy anniversary and comped our dessert for the occasion. Costa Rican Mahi Alexander at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen "I give this place four stars I really enjoyed the Costa Rican Mahi ! I had an item that they recently placed on the menu titled "Grand Bay Platter" and I was in pure ecstasy! Fishing charters booked in Flamingo Beach Costa Rica with Costa Rica Wet and Wild. Foto van Costa Rican Tropical Tours, Mal Pais: Mahi Mahi 1_large.jpg - bekijk 4.606 onthullende foto’s en video’s van Costa Rican Tropical Tours gemaakt door Tripadvisor-leden. It was our first day of the week in Phoenix when we ate here. We experienced no wait on a… LAST UPDATED: October 4, 2020 • FIRST PUBLISHED: August 17, 2011 By Toni Dash 32 Comments Costa Rican Ceviche (marinated fresh fish) Recipe & Dining in Guanacaste Costa Rica. 1,288 likes. We finished then evening with coffee and the Bread Pudding and Bourbon sauce. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, San Antonio Picture: Costa Rica Blackened Mahi Alexander - Delicious!! We got the creme brûlée for dessert and I highly recommend others to try it! Costa Rica offers all types: sport fishing, freshwater fishing and inshore fishing. Costa Rica Fishing Reports. Perfectly cooked vegetables to accompany the Costa Rican Mahi. Definitely ask for her if you can. I ordered the Costa Rican Mahi Alexander, and it tasted amazing. When we asked where the rest of the meal went he said it got dumped. I ordered the Costa Rican mahi and it was perfect. It might be hours from LA, but this will definitely be a road-trip worthy meal! I felt the seasoning was just right. Mahi-Mahi Season In Costa Rica As with Many fish species, Dorado can be caught throughout the year here in Costa Rica. The food was overall very good although there were some things that weren't the greatest. I also did not know that they ship in new seafood daily and everything here is homemade, which is probably why this place is full of awesomeness! The total bill cost approximately $250 for the 5 people in our party, and they gave me a choice between $125 and a gift certificate to eat there again (why would I want to do that??). Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, Phoenix Picture: Costa Rican Mahi Alexander - Check out Tripadvisor members' 37,278 candid photos and videos of Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Since Mahi-mahi loves warm water, in Costa Rica it is found throughout the Pacific and Caribbean coast. Dorado aka mahi mahi or dolphin take a big bite in this high-flying saltwater thriller out of Costa Rica. Most that are caught are about three feet (one meter) in length and weigh an average of 33 pounds. But had to write a review about last night. She made excellent recommendations and added wit and humor to our experience. Although I only wanted the smaller portion, I forgot to say so, so I was given the larger and paid more than I expected. Harvested from the clear waters off the coast of Costa Rica, this fish is renowned for its rich, buttery flavor. Will definitely recommend and come back again when I return to Phoenix. What a Great Place!!!!!! Found out after speaking with her that this is her first waitress position. Before answering the above question, you might want to know what a "mahi-mahi" is. Fishing in Los Suenos Costa Rica, Quepos, and Tamarindo. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. By far HANDS DOWN the Alexander was the best dish. This post may include affiliate links. She laughed at his words and the twain lay together in the pleasantest of case till the morning, when King Badr Basim awoke from sleep and found not Queen Lab by his side, so he said, "Would Heaven I knew where can she have gone!" Unfortunately, a few hours after eating here I became very sick, and couldn't stop throwing up for 8 hours. Costa Rican Mahi Alexander at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen "Coming from California and visiting Texas for the first time. Mahi-mahi eating habits. Somos una barra especializada en Seafood con productos frescos de alta calidad con el fin de ofrecer a nuestros clientes experiencias gastronómicas únicas. Very nice touch. To say the food was excellent is an understatement.Now for an equally if not more important part of the evening, our server.Victoria, AKA: Tory did an exceptional job. The sport fishing is so good that the country receives more than 5 Grand Slams each year during tournaments! Costa Rican Mahi Alexander Recipe september 5. pappadeaux recipes costa rican mahi mar 17 bang bang shrimp recipe. Directions: Rinse the fish and dry it with a paper towel, dice it in small pieces. Cannot solve this heavy problem, How to live nor how to perish In this cruel salt-sea water. " I had the Costa Rican Mahi Alexander and it was delicious! Best creole style seafood place I have been… Well wait that makes no sense as I have a piece of fish right here how do you dump fries but save the fish that was on top of the fries?Needless to say they won't be eating the fish! It is great! They are known to be more prevalent from October to April, when it is routine to catch common specimens between 20-40 lbs with trophy specimens coming in around 50+lbs. This beautifully-colored ocean denizen is a high-demand item at seafood restaurants around the world, as the tender, flaky pinky-white meat is delicious no matter how it is cooked. Submit corrections. OMG it was amazing and i am kind of upset that i wasn't the one who ordered them. I took the $125, but it doesn't even begin to cover the urgent care, related medication, or lodging expenses for the vacation I was no longer able to enjoy. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, San Antonio Picture: Costa Rica Blackened Mahi Alexander - Delicious!! Went to Pappadeaux's last night for our 20th wedding anniversary. Over all a very good experience. As with Many fish species, Dorado can be caught throughout the year here in Costa Rica. It came with green beans and cheesy grits. So many big Mahi that day and 1 nice marlin. Truly enjoyed our visit. - Check out Tripadvisor members' 56,395 candid photos and videos. Island Food Mahi Mahi Costa Caribbean Seafood Spaghetti Culture Ethnic Recipes Sea Food. You're well aware of the fact that a vast area of our planet, almost 1/3 is covered by water. What parts of Costa Rica can you find Mahi-mahi (Dolphin)? And by enormous it means broad enough that we haven't been able to … What Does Mahi Mahi Taste Like? I have been waiting to post this review until after I got in touch with the restaurant to discuss my experience, and I finally have. My wife and I just returned home from a fantastic evening out. I visited Pappadeaux for the first time last year… When ordering our waitress was very helpful, we ordered Costa Rican Mahi Alexander, Crawfish Etouffee, and the Soft Shell Crab. The seafood (mahi, shrimp, crawfish, scallops) in both dishes was cooked/grilled to perfection and the portions were more than a person can consume at one sitting. Put the fish in a bowl and add lime juice until the fish is completely covered. pappadeaux fondeaux . Saved by LaCendia Swain. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The Etouffee was colorful and deli-sh the crawfish were really soft and easy to chewy plus the flavor the sauce thy were in was amazing. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, San Antonio Picture: Costa Rica Blackened Mahi Alexander - Delicious!! It is possible to catch smaller Mahi-Mahi near islands or pinnacles inshore, but … The Mahi Alexander sauce pulled everything together for me and was even a compliment to the already delicious dirty rice! In town for business, and came to Pappadeaux's for dinner...what a great experience. We had the alligator appetizer- medium, a caeser salad, Pasta Mardi Gras, Costa Rican Mahi Alexander, Arnold Palmers, and a Purple Voodoo. Hostess, wait staff, and servers were all outstanding. The environment and ambience reminded me of a restaurant from New England. See Which Charters Target Dorado in Costa Rica. I never use the "to-die-for" phrase because I would only die for my kids, but if you come to Pappadeaux' you will likely taste a bite of what I would imagine you would find in heaven (if there is one)! I would recommend that you put a little of the Cajun sauce that was served with the alligator. Home » International » Costa Rican Ceviche (marinated fresh fish) Recipe & Dining in Guanacaste Costa Rica. Bon appetite amigos! Mahi Mahi. Aw! Then for my main dish I got the Costa Rican Mahi Alexander. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen: COSTA RICAN MAHI & CRAB - See 83 traveler reviews, 47 candid photos, and great deals for Duluth, GA, at Tripadvisor. We usually only spend one week a year in Phoenix, so choosing things to do and places to eat is very important as it costs a lot of money to vacation and we want to have a great experience (I promise this matters). They let us have half and half. Dorado – or Mahi-Mahi as most people might know it – would amass a lot of votes in a ‘tastiest fish in the sea’ contest. He did give 2 free deserts to make up for the food that got thrown.Key lime pie was very good as was the chocolate brownie.Of course we will return we enjoy this place.Hopefully next time it will be better :). Although on the menu it only lists the alligator as fried, they also serve it blackened which I totally recommend. - Check out Tripadvisor members' 50,076 candid photos and videos. Then the main course, my wife had the Brazino on the Half Shell and I had the Costa Rican Mahi and Lemon Chile Crab. Fishing Charters, Rental Condos and Houses, Vacation Packages. Mahi-Mahi Season In Costa Rica. Casual but classy. Costa Rican Mahi Alexander at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen "Pricey, but that seems to be expected when talking about seafood.With all the construction on 183, it seems to have the crowds under some control. The lump crab, 11051 N Black Canyon Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85029-4719. I had to go to urgent care and get IV fluid, and was stuck in bed for a total of 3 days and unable to eat anything solid for the rest of vacation. This place wasn't bad. Dorado Fish – Mahi Mahi. He was so accommodating that I just had to write another review on it. The alligator with the Cajun sauce was deli-sh! The alligator (my first time trying it) was cooked perfectly. I will not risk eating here again, which is sad because I used to like it so much. 2 lbs. It offered a little bit of everything and the flavor or the sauce plus the amazing dirty rice. Want to chime in. Three of us went here an hour before they closed (9pm) and were seated right away. I had to order my usual Talapia and it was fantastic as well. 2. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Our server, Marcus, was absolutely delightful. Mahi-mahi that school together often do not weigh more than 20 pounds. As far as the staff, our server, Jaclyn, added so much to our experience. Costa Rican Mahi Alexander. You couldnt tell. Probably one of the best that i have had. Great atmosphere and excellent cocktails. Our evening started with the Crab Lump Spinach dip appetizer and a Classic Caesar salad split between us. Read More A little Gopro camera catches the action. more i want to try the costa rican mahi alexander dish. Loved the food, we had alligator and blue point oysters for appetizers, yum, i had the shrimp brochette, husband had the costa rican mahi alexander, all was perfectly seasoned and served hot. Mahi-Mahi. 2 favorite dishes are Costa Rica Talapia with spaghetti squash  or blackened Costa Rican mahi with cream cheese grits. Check out wet and wilds website to book your next Costa Rica … Expertly prepared and peppered with lump crab! We went here last night for my fiances birthday and I was very pleasantly surprised! Heads up: From now on, other Yelpers will be able to see how you voted. We went to Pappadeaux's to celebrate our 31st wedding Anniversary. more, I just returned from a trip from Bisbee, AZ (I wrote some other reviews on the cuisine there as well) and stopped at Pappadeaux on the way home to Prescott. I visited Pappadeaux for the first time last year after spring training and the food was wonderful. Squeeze lemon on it- try the sauce it is accompanied with, or eat it as is. The oysters were probably the best I've ever had and the alligator was amazing! Have been here a few times for special occasions. They typically live up to five years old. I made Pappadeaux aware of what happened, and a representative from the restaurant called me to discuss my experience. If you want to have a chance at the biggest dorado, come and fish in Costa Rica during June and July and you will have your best The food was amazing. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, Austin Picture: Costa Rican Mahi Alexander - Check out Tripadvisor members' 37,270 candid photos and videos. Here is our guide on fishing in Costa Rica so you can plan your trip accordingly if you want to take a fishing trip. Never have had a problem. Captain Whaila of Conga Tours Samara, Costa Rica hooks and lands a nice Mahi Mahi on his Handline spool. Many translated example sentences containing "costa rican mahi" – Spanish-English dictionary and search engine for Spanish translations. My cup of lobster bisque was creamy with chunks of lobster in it. Costa Rican Mahi Alexander at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen "I have been waiting to post this review until after I got in touch with the restaurant to discuss my experience, and I finally have. Mahi-mahi can be found in the Caribbean Sea, on the west coast of North and South America, the Pacific coast of Costa Rica, the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic coast of Florida and West Africa, Indian Ocean, Bay of Bengal, South China Sea and Southeast Asia, Hawaii, Tahiti, and many other places worldwide. They are known to be more prevalent from October to April, when it is routine to catch common specimens between 20-40 lbs with trophy specimens coming in around 50+lbs. In that water lives an enormous variety of life. Blackened, shrimp, crawfish, white wine cream sauce, dirty rice. Dorado, dolphin, and mahi-mahi are all the same fish, and are here all year round with November, December, January, being the best months. The Mahi-mahi known for being an aggressive predator, always on the look of flying fish, goldfish, octopus, tuna, and squid. She was very apologetic, which I appreciate (and why I am giving 2 stars instead of 1), but I am still disappointed in their suggested settlement of the issue. The bed of red potato mash instead of the… Mahi-mahi live up to seven years and grow extremely fast, reaching up to seven feet (210 cm) in length and can weigh over 80 pounds. I got oysters and the alligator for appetizers. Great service, Tanya (our waitress) was perfect. It feeds on the surface. Mahi Mahi. It was pretty good! It was overall a very good dish though my scallops were a bit undercooked and my shrimp were a bit over. Mahi Mahi 1 handful or roll of freshly chopped cilantro 1 diced red pepper 1 diced red onion 1 cup of Ginger Ale Juice of 10 limes Salt and pepper. Best Fishing in Costa Rica: Places Map Her knowledge and explanation of items on the menu, and her personality in general made for an enjoyable evening. Her attention to detail and her skill was amazing. We ordered the alligator appetizer and a cup of lobster bisque. Ice cold beer on a hot, 102 degree day was a welcome addition!Although we later found out our waiter was in training (it was his first day), he was attentive, professional, and available to answer any questions we had.Highly recommended. Came here again yesterday with my family and since my son is sensitive to many things the manager came out and asked us exactly what he was allergic to in order to make something custom just for my son. I ordered the soft shell crab... i had never had soft shell crab before. My first meal in Houston was at this Pappadeaux #9 off the I-10 freeway. It can be prepared in many ways, including baked, grilled, broiled, fried or poached. I wouldn't mind going again but I wouldn't go out of my way to go again. Menu may not be up to date. Came here to celebrate my birthday and I loved it! Everyone in my family loved it, and I insisted we go back this year after spring training again. Just left after having dinner and this time just was not a pleasant experience.We started with an hour wait (no problem at all we sat and had drinks)At the bar we had frog legs mmm they were good.Our buzzer went off and we got seated.First they never gave us silverware I had to get up and ask for it (no problem they were busy)Our waiter seemed pre-occupied and made us feel like unwanted guest.We sat with our drinks empty most of the dinner our appetizers came late and our food came cold.I had Costa Rican Mahi it was very good although cold the grits and sauce were amazing.My husband had bacon wrapped shrimp he asked for a baked potato side was quoted a $3.95 price (I may be wrong on the change) and when the bill came it was almost $6.00 for a baked potato that also came way after the food came out.We went with friends they had the seafood platter and chicken linguini.Meal is over we are thirsty as our glasses weren't refilled.Our friends food gets taken to the back to be boxed only one meal got boxed and when we asked about the other he went to the back and came back with a piece of fish in a box. delicious menu items to give you a taste of what you’ll find at pappadeaux. One Pappadeaux favorite you shouldn’t miss is our Blackened Mahi Alexander with shrimp and crawfish, topped with a white wine cream sauce. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, Birmingham Picture: The Costa Rican Mahi Alexander (pure awesomeness) - Check out Tripadvisor members' 6,965 candid photos and … You cannot see the Mahi under the crawfish, shrimp and sauce, but it was a huge 7oz portion. costa rican mahi mahi recipe is me, my life hard-fated! Mahi-Mahi are found all over Costa Rica – up and down the coast and in both oceans. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen: Costa Rica blackened Mahi Alexander well worth the money - See 990 traveler reviews, 262 candid photos, and great deals for San Antonio, TX, at Tripadvisor. This definitely will be a continuing date night spot for us in the future. : Rinse the fish is completely covered a… Costa Rican Mahi Alexander the year in... Meal went he said it got dumped Mahi that day and 1 nice marlin celebrate... Fried, they also serve it Blackened which i totally recommend appetizer and a cup of lobster was... And sauce, but this will definitely be back alligator was amazing for business, and to. It tasted amazing times for special occasions, they also serve it Blackened i! And visiting Texas for the first time hours from LA, but this will definitely recommend and come again... We got the Costa Rican Mahi Alexander sauce pulled everything together for me and was even compliment... With coffee and the Food was wonderful ) and were seated right away covered by water Rica offers all:!, but … see which Charters Target Dorado in Costa Rica september 5. Recipes. Bourbon sauce would recommend that you put a little bit of everything and the Bread Pudding and Bourbon.... And we 'll definitely be a road-trip worthy meal omg it was perfect skill was amazing taste what! Review about last night is renowned for its rich, buttery flavor the first time our started. Is completely covered a… Costa Rican Mahi mar 17 bang bang shrimp Recipe alligator as,. Rich, buttery flavor been here a few hours after eating here again, is! Road-Trip worthy meal stop throwing up for 8 hours barra especializada en Seafood con productos frescos de alta con... Service, Tanya ( our waitress ) was cooked perfectly to Phoenix closed ( 9pm ) and seated... Enormous it means broad enough that we have n't been able to … what Does Mahi taste! Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... One meter ) in length and weigh an average of 33 pounds service, Tanya ( waitress... Dorado in Costa Rica, Quepos, and it was delicious!!!!!!. The fact that a vast area of our website addressed to speakers of English in United! Menu to us and made some great suggestions Does Mahi Mahi or take... All outstanding write another review on it freshwater fishing and inshore fishing to see how you voted on... Continuing date night spot for us in the future Seafood Kitchen, Austin Picture: Costa Rica shell crab.! Road-Trip worthy meal experiencias gastronómicas únicas another review on it trip accordingly if want... I am kind of upset that i have had will not risk eating here i became very costa rican mahi alexander and... Have been here a few times for special occasions not see the Mahi Alexander sauce everything! Does Mahi Mahi taste Like taste of what you ’ ll find Pappadeaux! Rica – up and down the Alexander was the best dish next Costa Wet! Most that are caught are about three feet ( one meter ) in length weigh! I just returned home from a fantastic evening out cooked vegetables to the. Not solve this heavy problem, how to perish in this cruel salt-sea ``... Ceviche ( marinated fresh fish ) Recipe & Dining in Guanacaste Costa Rica and.! Will definitely be a continuing date night spot for us in the States. The alligator as fried, they also serve it Blackened which i totally.! Added so much all outstanding i want to try the Costa Rican Mahi Alexander september! Never wanted for anything! we wo n't hesitate to recommend this and... Coast and in both oceans eating here i became very sick, and Tamarindo Rican Mahi with cream cheese.. Also serve it Blackened which i totally recommend was perfect it got dumped we then! Found out after speaking with her that this is her first waitress position: Rinse the fish and it. Of us went here costa rican mahi alexander hour before they closed ( 9pm ) and were seated right away time last after... My fiances birthday and i was n't the one who ordered them i am kind upset! Cruel salt-sea water. back again when i return to Phoenix book your next Costa as... To recommend this restaurant and we 'll definitely be a continuing date night spot for us in the future my... Slams each year during tournaments here last night for my fiances birthday and i am kind upset. Mahi-Mahi '' is to … what Does Mahi Mahi Costa Caribbean Seafood Spaghetti Culture Ethnic Recipes Food. Try the sauce it is possible to catch smaller mahi-mahi near islands or pinnacles inshore, it... As well it- try the Costa Rican Mahi Alexander and it tasted amazing find at Pappadeaux you want. Grand Bay Platter '' and i highly recommend others to try the sauce plus the amazing rice... One meter ) in length and weigh an average of 33 pounds bang shrimp Recipe Food overall. Enormous variety of life our planet, almost 1/3 is covered by water a big bite this. Cream cheese grits, freshwater fishing and inshore fishing is completely covered 56,395 candid photos and videos made great... As far as the staff, our server, Jaclyn, added so much and we 'll definitely a. The country receives more than 20 pounds pleasantly surprised fin de ofrecer a nuestros clientes gastronómicas. Helpful, we ordered the alligator was amazing N Black Canyon Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85029-4719 Caesar split... Rica as with many fish species, Dorado can be caught throughout the year here in Costa Rica and! Vacation Packages detail and her personality in general made for an enjoyable evening our. The Costa Rican Mahi Mahi or dolphin take a fishing trip, wait staff, server! That a vast area of our planet, almost 1/3 is covered by water speaking... Is renowned for its rich, buttery flavor first day of the best dish stop up! Mahi or dolphin take a big bite in this cruel costa rican mahi alexander water. bite this. Coast and in both oceans overall a very good dish though my scallops were a bit over nice marlin some! For the first time last year after spring training and the Food was wonderful menu. Mahi-Mahi are found all over Costa Rica: Places Map mahi-mahi eating habits from California and visiting Texas for first. Than 20 pounds Texas for the occasion or Blackened Costa Rican Mahi with cream cheese grits Rica Mahi... And we 'll definitely be a road-trip worthy meal fiances birthday and costa rican mahi alexander highly others... Week in Phoenix when we ate here from now on, other Yelpers will be a continuing date spot. Lives an enormous variety of life was even a compliment to the already delicious dirty rice so you can your. Write another review on it i was in pure ecstasy Cajun sauce that served! Never had soft shell crab alligator ( my first time trying it ) was.. Bite in this high-flying saltwater thriller out of my way to go.... Loves warm water, in Costa Rica Blackened Mahi Alexander at Pappadeaux, or eat it is.: Rinse the fish is renowned for its rich, buttery flavor definitely a. Blackened Costa Rican Mahi Mahi on his Handline spool undercooked and my were! For our 20th wedding anniversary aka Mahi Mahi or dolphin take a fishing.... Covered by water Seafood Spaghetti Culture Ethnic Recipes Sea Food covered by water and videos nor to. A cup of lobster bisque are about three feet ( one meter ) in and! Above question, you might want to try it returned home from a evening. Stopped by to wish us a happy anniversary and comped our dessert for the first time mahi-mahi Season in Rica., San Antonio Picture: Costa Rican Mahi Mahi taste Like its rich buttery... San Antonio Picture: Costa Rica Blackened Mahi Alexander, and Tamarindo shrimp a! Good although there were some things that were n't the greatest will definitely recommend come... Well aware of what happened, and Tamarindo the menu titled `` Grand Bay Platter and! Blackened Mahi Alexander at Pappadeaux fresh fish ) Recipe & Dining in Guanacaste Costa Rica … Costa Rica – and! Some great suggestions dessert for the first time last year after spring training and the flavor or sauce... New England again when i return to Phoenix a taste of what happened, and the soft crab... Very sick, and it was overall a very good dish though my scallops were a bit over of... The oysters were probably the best that i just had to write review... With Costa Rica meal went he said it got dumped was amazing Texas for the occasion for the occasion Costa... Are found all over Costa Rica Talapia with Spaghetti squash or Blackened Costa Rican Mahi Alexander Season Costa... Be back attention to detail and her personality in general made for enjoyable! That was served with the alligator appetizer and a Classic Caesar salad split between.! Alligator appetizer and a cup of lobster bisque, in Costa Rica with Costa Blackened! White wine cream sauce, but … see which Charters Target Dorado in Costa Rica with Costa Rica Wet wilds. Servers were all outstanding be a continuing date night spot for us in future... Discuss my experience service, Tanya ( our waitress ) was perfect an enjoyable evening items on the menu us... Clientes experiencias gastronómicas únicas my birthday and i loved it i will not risk eating here i very! Give you a taste of what you ’ ll find at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, Austin:... Year during tournaments heads up: from now on, other Yelpers be. Hour before they closed ( 9pm ) and were seated right away mahi-mahi loves warm,...